U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Issues new I-9 Employer Handbook
USCIS has published the updated M-274, Handbook for Employers: Guidance for Completing Form I-9 (PDF, 5.36 MB). The Handbook for Employers provides employers with detailed guidance for completing Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. This version dated Jan. 22, 2017, replaces the previous version. It reflects revisions to Form I-9, which was revised on Nov. 14, 2016.
The Handbook for Employers:
- Details how to properly complete the revised Form I-9
- Captures policy and regulatory changes since 2013
- Is written in plain language, so that it is easier to understand
- Includes a streamlined questions and answers section
- Features updated tables, new figures, and more current sample documents
- Explains guidance regarding automatic extensions for certain Employment Authorization Documents
Review the updated Handbook for Employers or see the Table of Changes for Revised M-274 (PDF, 495 KB) for highlights of the changes.
I-9 forms, documents and other information can be found at I-9 Central.